*Contest* Win an Arduino Uno!

*Contest* Win an Arduino Uno!

Postby jayjay » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:35 pm

The first new user to post 25 messages wins a free Arduino Uno or something of equal or lesser value! :)
Lets get posting!

Rules are simple:
No spamming.
Must be relevant to the category you post in.
jayjay

Re: *Contest* Win an Arduino Uno!

Postby puma687 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:18 pm

Sweet, looks like we have our first contestant. Good Luck
puma687
puma687

Postby soundgod2199 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:02 am

Anybody know a good source of info on how to arduinoize an office building. I would like to monitor all aspects of operations on my android smartphone. Items to monitor:
Water temps and pressures for the HVAC system
Electrical usage and voltage drops or spikes
elevator operations
etc.
Thanks, me
soundgod2199

Postby boomber » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:13 am

Mmm I'd say any domotics-related Arduino source?
You could definitely use our new tutorial "Website Controlled Arduino Ethernet" with a lot of work and adapting.

There's also a dedicated section on Arduino forum for domotics (http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,16.0.html) with a lot of interesting projects.

Your project sounds awesome, but one thing you'll have to keep in mind all along your design is security issues (you don't want anybody else to be able to monitor your elevator or overboost the pressure in your HVAC system).

Feel free to open a dedicated thread for your project here and we'll be happy to answer questions you have.
boomber

Postby soundgod2199 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:33 am

Thanks for the reply. And I'm not worried about security issues, this is for monitoring only. If something does go haywire, it is a hands on repair of service tech call. Thanks, Me.
soundgod2199

Postby boomber » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:34 am

Oh sorry I misunderstood "monitoring".

So if it's only to watch parameters without any remote control, this will be easier in terms of code. You can definitely use our new tutorial I mentioned, with an Arduino Ethernet or Arduino compatible Pro Wifi
The "hardest" part will be to connect everything you want monitored to your Arduino (wires etc.)
boomber

Postby engineworks » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:37 am

Hi,

I have come across exactly what you are looking for (not with arduino) in the smartbus home automation website. However good theyre automation systems are they do not sease to be overly complicated, expensive and tricy to use. The arduino is your best bet here.

I would suggest installing Tesmp and pressure-or barometric sensors to your HVAC sys's, Any other sensors and stuff that you will need in order to be able to obtain your data. You will need to be able to SEND data around so you should be interested into investing in some ethernet on bee modules.

One thing that could be important here in terms of engineering is to let the data be as simple as possible when being sent, meaning that if for example you want to obtain voltage data and plot that it might be a better idea to send the data RAW (i.e numerically) to an applicable spreadsheet and then just plot it from there using excel or anything else - using this as an idea. This will make the xbee or whatever other module you are planning to use to communicate with the board faster since the data it has to send will ont involve simple hex numerals ;).

It might sound complicated but should be so much. all tou need is some imagination and good choice on what you will use....use lesser elements and modules - less stuff means not only less stuff to code but mostly less stuff that can go wrong...

Looking forward to hearing how this turns out. Please keep us posted on the subject.

Mike
engineworks

Return to Arduino